Monday 30 May 2011

Tuesday, 17th of May

I am really working on to keep my blog up to date, but its not so
easy... You know... :)
So this morning my car didn't want to start:( as i figured out the
battery for the car was too small. So i borrowed a battery from a car
from the organization and went to a garage which my boss knows very
well and advised me to. So we found out that the battery in the car
was only for a vw golf and too small for a six cylinder car. They also
exchanged my absolutely ran off spare tire to an old used one with
still a good profile. So with this new battery the car is running and
starting now quite well. I'll just go there thursday again to let the
major technician mike have a look at the engine performance. He was
really excited to see this engine, because he worked in the mercedes
factory in east london as a high technician and knows this engine very
very well. I just hope it well help me save some fuel :) there are
some other little things that must be done on this car i can even do
myself, but more important is that i bought it with a road worthy
certificate which indicates that everything is all right with the car.
I'm not so sure how trustful it is, as the technician only spent 15
minutes on testing all parts of the car, but i have it for
registration, and thats important! :)
With the running car now i drove to Dimbaza with my boss to do some
meetings at a steel manufactury which supports the dimbaza business
center financially. It was very interesting, as i also got an insight
how steel production is moved from johannesburg to dimbaza, as there
is alot of space and older empty factories from the apartheid times.
But thats a whole different story about dimbaza.
On our way back my car was stopped. This time by the real police. I
was just asked for drivers licence and there i made again the
experience i wrote about in the last post. I put out my passport,
german drivers licence and international drivers licence. The
policeman didn't even touch my documents and just asked me questions
about the car and that i should sell it to him and so on... Strange,
as alot of people like my car and want to have it :D but i like it
aswell :) so i could drive on without any problems. :)
Yeah there is so much to tell, but i think its enough for now... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment