Monday 30 May 2011

I Voted!

Hey, so yesterday were the election i wrote about. Luckily miss Booi
took me with and after controling my passport and curious questions
about my stay it was permitted for me to go with her. As miss Booi is
a big ANC supporter, we voted for them. Actually i like more helen
ziller, but thats probably my capetownian experience.
It was very interesting, as i spoke to a lot of people who told me
they would not vote at all, because all parties would be corrupt; but
thats the only opportunity to change something. So everyone who voted
gets a stamp in his passport and his nailbed is painted with an edding
that noone can vote twice. Interesting.

Today i brought my car to the garage again where mike did a great
tuneup, so its running even smother than before. I also have new
brakes now, as they were basically not exisiting anymore. I wonder how
this car got its road worthy certificate... :D
So within the daytime i went to Legulethu, a secondary school in the
direction of east london (el) where we briefly introduced the computer
lab consisting of 48 computers to the students. It was really
interesting how afraid the children were of the computer. Probably
nobody in germany is still using such old computers. But as long they
are running there is nothing wrong with them. And i was told that this
would even be one of the better labs... :) wow.
By the way, since this evening we have no water anymore. Yesterday we
figured out that our pump at the dam was stolen. So now the tanks are
empty and i'm curious about a solution. Remember: a toilet also needs
water :D
But everyone is taking it quite easy, as its not the first time... :D :D
----------
So far

No comments:

Post a Comment